Invisalign has become a popular treatment amongst the teens and adults of today, especially at Petrous Orthodontics. This orthodontic treatment plan has many advantages over braces, and may be the perfect option for you! Here are some of Dr. Jerek Petrous and Dr. John Marx’s key points on the benefits of Invisalign near Clawson.
- Invisalign is removable! Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign can be removed from the mouth. This makes it easier to eat, brush your teeth, floss, and more!
- Invisalign is nearly Invisible and remarkably unnoticeable. Invisalign is made of a clear thermoplastic material which is virtually invisible on your teeth. It is a great option for those who do not want others to know they have braces.
- Unlike braces, you can continue to eat all of the food you love. There are many foods you cannot eat with traditional metal braces such as extremely sticky or hard foods. With Invisalign, however, you can continue to eat all of your favorite foods because you can remove your Invisalign while you eat. This allows you to eat whatever food you want without worrying about breaking your orthodontic appliance.
- There is no metal to irritate your mouth. Because traditional braces are made out of metal, they can sometimes cause pain and irritation to the inside of your mouth throughout your orthodontic treatment. With Invisalign, however, there is no metal causing pain. Invisalign is made out of comfortable plastic which is customized to shape your teeth. This makes it feel as if there is nothing there at all!
- Fewer visits are required to maintain them than are required with braces. With traditional braces, visits and checkups with Dr. Jerek Petrous and Dr. John Marx occur almost every four to six weeks. Invisalign, however, occurs less frequently and visits to Petrous Orthodontics are extremely quick and painless.
- It is much easier to brush your teeth. Brushing teeth with traditional braces is a long process. Keeping up with oral hygiene with braces can sometimes be hard to fit into your daily schedule. Invisalign makes it easy to brush your teeth. Every time you brush your teeth, simply take out your Invisalign and brush your teeth like you normally would. The only extra step you need to add to your routine is cleaning your Invisalign which does not take up too much time. And if you need help learning how, the team at Petrous Orthodontics is here to help!
- The cost is generally the same. The cost of traditional braces and Invisalign, depending on the patient, is generally the same. While there may be some differences, but Dr. Jerek Petrous and Dr. John Marx or someone from the Petrous Orthodontics team can consult with you to find the right financial plan.
Invisalign is a convenient, comfortable, and effective alternative to traditional braces. Dr. Jerek Petrous and Dr. John Marx from Petrous Orthodontics wants to make sure you get the most out of your orthodontic treatment and walk away with the perfect smile that you’ve always dreamed about. For more information or to set up an appointment, please call Petrous Orthodontics near Clawson today at 248-588-2020.