Orthodontic treatment may be considered an adolescent endeavor best undertaken early in life, but that is more of a perception than it is a reality. More than 20% of people in America being treated for orthodontic issues are actually adults. And our orthodontist, Dr. Jerek Petrous, here at Petrous Orthodontics near Royal Oak, MI, treats his adult patients successfully with a variety of orthodontic treatment approaches.
What Can Orthodontics Do for You?
Many emerging or chronic dental issues can ruin your smile, and you may need the help of an orthodontist to correct them. Orthodontic cases are, more often than not, malocclusions (or misalignment problems), but note that orthodontic treatment not only improves your smile cosmetically, it also improves your overall dental health.
Do You Have Any of the Following Conditions?
- Crossbite is when the teeth (or a tooth) has more of a lingual positioning than the corresponding teeth above or below it; when the upper and lower teeth aren’t correctly aligned.
- Crowding is when the teeth do not seem to fit in their space; leads to rotated teeth and displacement.
- Spacing is when teeth have too much space; leads to gaps in the smile and widely spaced teeth.
- Open Bite is when front teeth (both upper and lower) are forced outward; upper and lower teeth don’t touch each other when the mouth is closed.
- Deep Bite is when upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth almost completely; associated with jaw-joint problems, pain, and overall poor dental health.
- Protrusion is when upper front teeth stick out (protrude); sometimes the result of thumb sucking and often referred to as “buck teeth.”
- Underbite is when the lower teeth and jaw protrude out in front of the upper teeth.
Using the latest orthodontic treatment technology, and the highly experienced staff here at Petrous Orthodontics, Dr. Petrous can solve any orthodontic issue and transform anyones smile into a healthy one with a functional bite.
Do I Need to See an Orthodontist?
The only way to know for sure if you are a candidate for orthodontic treatment is by coming in for a consultation with Dr. Petrous. We here at Petrous Orthodontics near Royal Oak, MI are dedicated to helping patients achieve a beautiful, functional, and healthy smile that they will love. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation to find out if you’re a candidate for treatment, and to go over all of your options such as: traditional metal braces, clear braces, Invisalign, and more!
Dr. Jerek Petrous, Dr. John Marx and the team at Petrous Orthodontics are experts in orthodontia. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign®, Invisalign Teen®, braces and/or clear braces in the 48071 zip code area: Madison Heights, Sterling Heights, Hazel Park, Warren, or Royal Oak, or would like to schedule an complementary consultation with Dr. Petrous or Dr. Marx, contact Petrous Orthodontics at: 248.588.2020