My Orthodontic Consultation with Dr. Jerek Petrous and Dr. John Marx at Petrous Orthodontics near Clawson, MI Is Tomorrow… What Questions Should I Ask?
For people near Clawson, MI who wish to improve the appearance of their smile, their bite, and/or their overall oral health, get started today by scheduling an initial consultation with Dr. Petrous and Dr. Marx at Petrous Orthodontics. The staff at Petrous Orthodontics want all their patients to feel in charge of their orthodontic treatment decisions and to feel prepared for an initial consultation.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Petrous and Dr. Marx will answer your questions about orthodontia and your oral health. If orthodontic treatment is indicated, Dr. Petrous, Dr. Marx and the team at Petrous Orthodontics will then outline a treatment plan that will best treat your orthodontic issues and provide for the utmost treatment outcome.
Some commonly posed questions may include:
- What kinds of treatment options do I have to get straighter teeth and a healthier smile? Are any of the alternatives to traditional metal braces right for me? Your consultation is the best time to ask the doctor which treatment options are available to you that will ensure the best outcome for your individual needs. Dr. Petrous and Dr. Marx will discuss with you your treatment goals and help you learn about the options available to achieve them. (At Petrous Orthodontics, many patients opt for alternative treatments such as Invisalign clear aligners.)
- What kind of preparation is needed to get braces? How many visits will the treatment take? It’s always a good idea to ask questions like these to ensure that you’re comfortable with undergoing orthodontic treatment and that it fits conveniently into your schedule and budget.
- Should I expect any pain while I have braces? A lot of people who could readily benefit from orthodontic treatment shy away from the idea because they fear it might be a painful process. This is a common concern for many patients, and it’s one that you should talk about with your orthodontics provider. The Petrous Orthodontics team will explain exactly what to expect and how to treat any discomfort their patients may experience.
- What determines how long I have to wear braces? During your consultation, Dr. Petrous and Dr. Marx will evaluate your teeth and jaw alignment to determine the best course of treatment, and he will present a schedule approximating the length of treatment. (Orthodontics can be a lengthy process, so don’t be disappointed if you don’t notice a huge change in a short amount of time. You’ll achieve your dream smile soon!)
- How will braces affect my lifestyle, my diet, and my activity level? It’s impossible to avoid having to make changes in your lifestyle, specifically your dietary habits, once you begin orthodontic treatment. You may find that you need to make just a few changes to your daily routine to have a faster and more successful treatment outcome. During your consultation, Dr. Petrous and Dr. Marx will discuss with you any recommended diet or lifestyle changes so that you’ll be prepared and ready by the time your orthodontic treatment begins.
Other important questions you may want to ask:
- How long will a typical adjustment appointment last?
- What are the typical costs associated with orthodontic treatment, and what should you expect to pay?
- What orthodontic treatment costs does your insurance plan cover?
- Who arranges for insurance company pre-authorizations, if necessary?
- Who files the associated insurance forms for treatment?
- What flexibility is there to pay any outstanding charges not covered by insurance?
Your initial orthodontic consultation is just the first step toward the healthiest smile you can achieve. Be sure to bring a list of your questions for Dr. Jerek Petrous and Dr. John Marx and the team at Petrous Orthodontics near Clawson, MI. To schedule an initial consultation with Petrous Orthodontics, call: 248-588-2020.